Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Bridal Party

OK a quick update on Wedding. Wedding is behaving like a petulant child, demanding my attention at every moment. Even when I'm distracted enough by work and other incidentals, Wedding always finds a way to steal back my attention and hold it for an extended period of time. Although, it seems to be improving. I no longer have a lunch hour, I have Wedding hour. Thoughts slowly come together and ideas start to make sense.

Anyway, the bridal party. That's a fun thing. Choosing people in your life that you value so much that you want them to stand next to you while you get married. It was pretty easy for me. Fiance, again, struggled. I can't say too much because even at this moment as Wedding grows and develops every day, we are still down a bridesman, i mean groomsman. I'm pretty sure he has been selected and locked in but he is yet to be formally asked. It's driving me insane. It's like people who save their easter eggs until christmas time (like MOH) or who speak with a stutter, stumbling over words and sentences, repeating the start of a word over and over again. I'm always the person who finished peoples sentences, I don't have the patience when I know what they are going to say anyway. I always give Fiance his birthday/christmas presents the day before because I'm too excited to wait. So this is killllllllliiiiiiinnnngggg me.

I don't care how noncholant the boys are about all the other wedding stuff. THEY CARE about their half of the bridal party. They probably just want someone who they know can organise a decent bucks party but it seems like more than that to me and it's gorgeous and amazing. Man love that is.

Again, my side, pretty easy. A nod to the past and a glimpse to the future. My sister, my sister in law to be, and Rose Byrne (LOL). All gorgeous, amazing, strong young women.

Fiance started with a shortlist of 7. SEVEN. We spent more than one hour discussing the potential match ups, pros and cons of each, like you would when assembling any good team. Can't wait until we can announce the full starting line-up.

1 comment:

  1. Soo I hope I'm not too offended by this Rose Bryne comparission ;) Another amazing blog, keep them coming hunni. Celeb blogger before long... Think the third "bridesman" has been knighted now, another blog story!! Love xoxo

    ReplyDelete